Printer Friendly Application Checklist
Completing the mortgage loan application is now easier than ever and you can start online directly on our website! But before you start, you will need the gather the following items from our checklist.
Mortgage Application Checklist
The items listed below are standard supporting documents and information commonly needed for loan approval. However, individual circumstances may dictate that additional information is required.
- A copy of your most recent pay stubs covering a 30-day period
- A copy of your last two years of W-2s and tax returns
- Proof of any additional income needed to qualify
- Copies of most recent two months asset account statements on all accounts including checking, savings, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, 401k, TSP and/or IRA accounts. Please provide all pages for each statement
- Payment for a mortgage credit report and property appraisal*
- Name, address and phone number of landlord(s) for past 2 years
- Divorce decree, separation agreement, and property settlement agreement, if applicable
- If you own investment properties, a current 1-year lease for each investment property owned
- Ratified sales contract, if available, and a copy of earnest money deposit check
- If permanent resident alien, please provide copy of green card
- Copy of Driver’s License
* Amount due may vary based on loan type. Your First Heritage Mortgage loan officer will provide details.
Additional Requirements for Self Employed or Commissioned Borrowers
- Please also provide corporate, S-Corp, or partnership returns, if applicable
- Year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet dated to within the most recent 90-day period
- Copy of current Business License
Additional Requirements if Applying for a VA Loan
- Original Green Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of DD 214 OR Statement of Service from your commanding officer (stating rank, position and that you are in good standing)
Additional Requirements when Refinancing an Existing Mortgage
- Copy of Recorded Deed of Trust and HUD-1 Settlement Statement
- Copy of Property Survey and Title Insurance Policy
- Copy of existing Hazard Insurance Policy (Homeowners Insurance)
Ready to Get Started?
Our online loan application is 100% encrypted and fully secure. And we never, ever share your information with anyone except for parties directly involved in your transaction. The information you provide will be used to obtain the best possible loan for you. Once your loan is sold, the new service is bound by federal law to keep your information secure.